Sunday, September 4, 2011

Living like crazy... or something like that.

Life has been nothing less than a tumultuous ride lately. During the last couple of months many things have changed, yet for some odd reason some things always remain the same.  I started student teaching two weeks ago, and it has been everything I expected and more. I learn new things  every day. The latest thing I learned is that at 22 years of age, I am in fact getting old.  When I told some of my high school students that I thought their shoes were super cute and then proceeded to ask them if all of the girls on the drill team were wearing them, I learned that it was in fact the "new style." These shoes are the sparkly "Toms." Maybe some of you have heard of them? I on the other hand, learned that I am no longer a "fashionista." Although I feel like an "old lady" (this term is used lightly because I realize I am in my early twenties), the highlight of my day is being mistaken for a student or peer in the hallways of Cedar High on a regular basis. That being said, I love where my life is headed right now. The English language is truly my passion, and I am so grateful that I now have the chance to teach my love of literature and the written word to younger generations. On a completely different note, my time right now is strung between work, school, and my child, Pearl (Pearl is my cat by the way). I am saving up my money to go see my best friend in Washington DC in November. This blog is dedicated to keeping my "sister from another mother," Brittney Lee (even though we were both born on the same day) and the love of my life, Nick Susano up to date on what's going on in my life and here at home.  I want you both to know that I think about you and miss you daily, and Nick I am constantly praying for your safe return. My life has been crazy lately. I have my ups and my downs, but for the most part things are going really well. The only things that really stress me out these days are planning my wedding (which as of now is set for August 2012) and deciding what I am going to do with my life once student teaching is over in November. What I am thinking as of now is working constantly for about two months and then going to Europe by myself. I am sure daddy and Nick are totally against this idea. I don't exactly have "street smarts."  Why not? I think it would be exciting.  I feel like it would be the best thing for me right now. Something to get my mind off of things.  I feel like my life is at a stand still. After student teaching the searching begins. I need to make some major decisions. As of now I am not quite sure if I want to go to grad school or try my hardest to find a teaching job.  Graduating college was a real eye opener. It really is time to grow up, and I am not quite sure if I am ready to yet. One thing I do know is that I am ready for my life to move in a different direction. In approximately nine months, I will finally be marrying my best friend. Exactly one year ago my boyfriend of two years asked me to be his wife; two years after our proposal we will finally say our vows. Everything is going to be so exciting and life changing over the duration of the next year. This deployment has been rough, but I do know that it is making me a stronger person. I know that this isn't much of an update on the daily happenings of my life, but in truth my daily life is not that exciting. For those of you that actually cared or spent the time to read this, just know that many times I may just rant or write funny things that only Nick, Brittney, and my close friends might understand. This blog is a way for me to write everything down: the funny, the sad, and the just plain stupid because I often forget to tell my friends "abroad" (one being across the country and one being across the world) these things on the rare occurrence that I speak with them on the phone. That being said have a fantastic night. Much love from Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment