Thursday, September 8, 2011

Out of the mind of a crazed adolescent...(a blast from the past).

Here is some poetry I found while going through my stuff today. I wrote these when I was sixteen (my students' age.) I was a little different. I found these interesting to look back on because there is much  more to sixteen year olds than meets the eye ;). One day, I just might post some more current stuff, but in all honesty, I suck at the poetry game.

Apostrophe to a Bottle
If only you could speak I know what you would say to me.
You would at first introduce yourself.
Hello, my name is Jack.
You would say it so nonchalantly and so at ease.
You would cause me to fall in love with you.
Your burning passion would become my addiction.
Your belligerence my desire.
You would become my obsession, my life, my whole world.
Just as the moon and stars shine on, so would you and I.
Yet, I know your falsifications and deceptions all too well.
I know your unjust motives,
and what you have terrorized in relationships before.
You cause hearts to shatter,
families to flee,
and souls to ache.
This time you will you not shatter me.
I am too strong.
Instead I will break you down, and let the shards of glass fall.

Changes
The leaves keep falling;
A love is coming to an end.
Falling in the wind.
What a lethal sin.
Letting go of your control.
Heart waiting to mend.
Changing
Crimson red and yellow.
You stand down below.
My mind is aching.
Awaiting your prescence.
A shattered glance
This life is a broken lie.
Forgetting s promise
A heart in a sudden trance.

Snowglobe
Spellbound in a world.
A story from inside.
Frozen in time like an ice berg.
Glass slowly shattered,
Watching as it slowly collides.
Shivering during the dark night.
A trapped humanity is finally free.

The Cascade of Life
A lone pinecone sits on a deserted island like an outsider;
Surrounded by the mysterious.
Things of a different species,
A different genus,
A different kingdom.
The peculiar figures are lifeless.
Familliar existence is eons away.
The murky water and rippling waves are a trap.
Desolation and loneliness
A tortured soul is lost.
The reunion waits upon the shore
The reflections are the only confidant.
Cascading water is the only language understood.

Sunlight
I open my eyes
and the sunlight pours in with its shimmering brilliance.
It guides me,
Promotes my sense of liveliness.
Sunbeams gleaming from afar.
It seizes the living, the inanimate
and then departs
leaving a promise of moonlight.
"By Any Other Name"
Innocent and naive at first glance.
So beautiful and graceful.
The fragrance penetrates the nose with feelings of lust and passion.
The bane is seen in the thorns.
Laced with crimson red and deep purple.
The petals tell a story that is rarely told.
A tale of infidelity, death, and deception.
Only a facade of hope and ecstacy.





1 comment:

  1. These poems are great would be a great thing to show to your class

    ReplyDelete